Charles Portman is an associate attorney at Ledford, Wu and Borges, LLC. He earned his Juris Doctorate from The John Marshall Law School and his Bachelor’s degree in Literature and History from The University of Michigan. Mr. Portman practices consumer bankruptcy law as well as foreclosure defense and debt settlement matters.
While earning his law degree, Mr. Portman was one of the founding members of the John Marshall Trademark Clinic. Additionally, Mr. Portman advocated for clients on a pro-bono basis through The John Marshall Foreclosure Defense program.
When he is not practicing law, Mr. Portman enjoys spending time with his Wife and Daughter and exploring the sights and sounds of the City.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Bankruptcy
- 5% Foreclosure Defense
- 5% Debt Settlement
- Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2016
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2015
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Literature & History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association, 2015 - Present
- Illinois Bar Association, 2015 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Legal Helpers, Clerk, 2007 - 2012
- Chase Bank, Banker, 2005 - 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Foreclosure Defense Clinic, 2012 - 2015
- Trademark Clinic, 2014 - 2015
- English (Primary)