Whether you are struggling with credit card debt, are being harassed by aggressive creditors or have been defrauded by a business, it is important to remember that you have rights. But how can you be sure what those rights are? And how can you see that they are protected?
At Ledford, Wu & Borges, LLC, we have extensive experience standing up for the rights of consumers throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Our consumer protection attorneys have the knowledge and skill to help you understand and assert your rights.
Illinois Consumer Protection Litigation Lawyers
If your consumer rights are being violated, you have a number of options. You can act alone. You can hire a no-attorney "consumer advocate." Or, you can enlist the services of a Chicago consumer rights attorney. By working with an attorney, you are able to have the power of the law behind you.
Our attorneys handle a wide range of consumer rights' debt relief issues, including:
Debt Settlement. Let one of our experienced Chicago consumer rights attorneys represent your best interests by fiercely negotiating with creditors.
- Debt Negotiation. Due to our extensive knowledge in consumer rights laws, we are able to effectively negotiate with creditors on your behalf.
- Debt Consolidation. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Do not let advertisements by debt consolidation companies fool you. Seek experienced legal representation instead.
- IRS Offer In Compromise. An IRS Offer in Compromise (OIC) gives qualified individuals with unpaid tax debt the opportunity to settle with the IRS. (Read our FAQ article about owning money to the IRS.)
- Fair Debt Collection Litigation. Creditors must comply with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. In some cases litigation may ensue. We can aggressively represent you in any FDCPA litigation.
- Fair Credit Reporting Litigation. The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires that only correct and accurate information are in your credit report. If you are the victim of a violation of the FCRA, we can represent you in court.
- Breach of Warranty Litigation. Whether you purchased a car or home, certain products come with warranties that must be honored. We can represent you in breach of warranty litigation.
- Consumer Rights: Protect Yourself From Unethical Practices. There are powerful laws protecting consumers in this country, but they will do you no good unless you protect your rights. Our lawyers are committed to making the law work for you.
Contact our law offices online or call 312-574-3327 to speak with an experienced Illinois consumer protection lawyer. We are ready to help.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.